Sunday, December 6, 2009

Reflection



Go here!

English 111 has been a very helpful class for me this semester. This is my first semester of college and I was expecting some old lady drilling the writing process in my head. However when Mr. Paul Gasparo walked in I was kind of shocked. I really enjoyed the way he approached the class and he made us feel like we were all the same. College is way more laid back than high school. The instructors treat you like an adult and they understand their job. English has always been one of least favorite subjects but Paul made it more entertaining. From listening to “The Boss” and watching Sicko this class kept me intrigued.

This course is very demanding. The assignments are not difficult but they are very time consuming. Make sure you have the time to sit down and really think about what you are writing. Your writing should reflect who you are. Some of my struggles of this class were the long assignments. I wasn’t really used to writing a lot but this class has helped me write more by explaining situations more and giving details.

Some of the activities in the class were entertaining. The videos and the songs we listened to were comical. Listening and watching Bruce Springstein really showed the writing process. It really is a tedious task and takes a lot of time to correct it. He never just sat down and wrote out a perfect song the first time, it takes revision and a little finesse.

No comments:

Post a Comment